If you are on a cruise, a ski vacation, a bicycle trek or just lounging on a sunny beach, here are a few tips from your friends at Belong which will further enhance the fun and pleasure. By the way, everyone agrees that the trips are refreshing and if possible, should be taken as often as you can.
About the frequency and the destination, that is according to your personal preference. But if there is anything that can be done to improve the quality of life, we are here to help.
Our team has gathered information on the subject from various groups and here it is:
- Keep your physician informed and up to date. Feel free to ask him any tips on how to go about it.
- Make sure you have travel insurance. People with cancer that travel can get travel insurance which includes additional coverage during treatment and after it.
- Check with your health insurance carrier to make sure you are covered out of network or out of the country.
- Part of the pleasure during trips is the culinary experience. Treat yourself and enjoy, but don’t forget to keep a healthy and balanced nutritional regimen.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Make sure you have a copy of your prescriptions with you, as well as enough medication, including over-the-counter meds, for the duration of your trip.
- Enjoy it and have fun, you’re on vacation. Side effects and pain may emerge, we are still here to provide answers and solutions. Belong is in the palm of your hand and we can provide assistance through our doctors, palliative nurses and medical staff that are at your disposal.
Join our community. Download the BeLong app. It’s free.
Wishing a pleasant vacation
Best of health.